"On May 27th, We Found Out About Us."

I can't believe that I am a person with a referralversary. One year. Really, I don't believe it. We waited, and waited, and then it happened. Our lives changed. I blathered endlessly about that day and how I felt. The posts are on the sidebar if you missed it. The short version is, I thought that it may have been the happiest day of my whole life. Now, having met them, I would have to confirm that thought; it was the happiest day of my whole life. It was also the saddest, because really if our stories are melding , and we have really become one family, well then that day was full of sadness too. Although it felt like a rainbows and unicorns kind of day for me, it wasn't. In a way it was a confirmation for my children that their losses were so devastating that they were going to need another family. They were matched with us. Thank you Jan, and Kristina, and CHSFS.

There are some good things about our adoption, so today, just for a little while, we will celebrate them.

Today I am remembering the outpouring of love from all of our friends and family, including all of you. Thank you.

Today we'll get an ice cream cake just like the one Pip and Squeak brought last year. Today we'll remember the good things.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...