Parochial

So a Jew and an atheist walk into a bar...or into an adoption.

To be clear, I am sometimes an agnostic. For instance, recently I thought there might be a God. Why? Because I put this picture on my blog in 2007:

It was what I visualized as the most perfect adoption combo, an older sister and her baby brother.

And here we are, three years later...

However, my belief in the existence of God wavers. Right now I am a non-believer. Knowing this, it may surprise you to hear that we are sending Meazi to Catholic school in the fall.

I have many issues with the Catholic church. There are also many Catholics that I admire very much. I went to Catholic high school. It was an excellent school.

We are sending Meazi to this school for many reasons, but the simplest one to understand is- class size. The funky chicken school, were Meazi experienced a phenomenal pre-k program, is not so phenomenal for k-8. LAUSD has had major budget cuts, and the Kindergarten will have 30+ kids and one teacher. Her new school is 20/2. She will have art and music classes weekly.

We cannot afford private school, we did not get into the new charter school started by frustrated parents, and so we decided that this was our best bet for now.

We put Meazi into summer school at her new school. It is from 9-12, weekdays in July. She is taking Spanish, and Theater, and also spending an hour with her new Kindergarten teacher.

She loves it.

But then Meazi loves any kind of school.

We'll see how it goes.

Pray for us.

Just kidding.

Sort of.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...