Just Julie

I recently had the opportunity to speak to a woman that I like very much. She told me that if my blog was any indication of how our attachment was going, things were just hunky dory. She used a better term than hunky dory, but I can't remember what it was.

I think we can all agree that attchment is an ongoing, lifelong, difficult process.

My Habesha Tortuga is quite attached to me. He strokes my arm when I hold him. He hugs and kisses me. He still prefers to sleep with his toes gripping my ribs to make sure that I am right there. When I say, "How much does mommy love you?" he squeals back, "Soooooooooo Much!!!"

Meazi is a tougher nut to crack. I know she likes me. Some days are beautiful. Some days are difficult.

Beautiful:

Meazi told me she made the above picture at school. She described it as a picture of her thinking about, and missing me, during a long day at school.

Difficult:


She put in an envelope addressed to "Julie".

I know that I am her mommy.

Sometimes to her...

I am just Julie.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...