It was all yellow ...

Morning y'all!  So I've been trying to find a way to incorporate a little bit of yellow into my home.  I love the look of pale yellow, like a lemon sorbet, paired with cream.  Here's what is inspiring me:









{Image sources: 1/2/3/4/5/6}

I love the floral print fabric in the second to last image.  It's part of the new Seraphina fabric line from Designer's Guild.  I think I'm going to use it in our master bathroom whenever we get around to redoing it - maybe on a chair and an ottoman and a small shade in the little toilet room.* The walls are a creamy white (BM Simply Irresistible) and have a slight yellow tint in the bright natural sunlight that shines in.  At first, I didn't like the "yellowness" of it, but then I decided I shouldn't fight it, but embrace it.  (The bathroom is huge and a major pain to paint so repainting isn't really an option right now)  I think it's a good way to get my yellow fix without trying to make it work with the rest of my house.  I also think it will warm up any marble I get to use in the bathroom (I'm in the campaigning process of that element right now)

* Not to get too graphic, but I have spent a lot of time in that little toilet room not keeping down my food thanks to my never-ending morning sickness.  It is a sad little room with a little window and needs some happiness, like a crystal chandelier and the above flowery fabric :) 

Have a lovely day! 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...