Moodboard Monday: Baby Nursery Time!

Edward's Easter Outfit

Morning y'all! Did y'all have a nice Easter weekend?  We had a nice relaxing day with family.  Edward had more sugar than I think he's ever had in his life.  He then danced, threw eggs at everyone, had an epic meltdown about a kangaroo, crashed hard for 45 minutes and then woke up hungry.  Sounds like college. 


I spent the weekend dreaming up a nursery situation for Little Robertson.  We basically just moved the nursery from the old house to the new house and while it doesn't need much, it does need some fine-tuning.   Edward's nursery in the old house was bright and fun, but I want this one to be a little quieter.  With our new house, we inherited this gorgeous grey and cream wallpaper that I have no intention of ever removing.  My goal for this room is to have a classic, sanctuary-like feel with a couple of modern touches (like replacing the torn up baskets with clean acrylic and lacquered boxes and such). So here's what I came up with:

Little Robertson Nursery

The color scheme is basically white, black and tan with blue and white accents.  The two bird prints are from GalleryDirect.com.  Have y'all heard of it?   It's a great web site for affordable art.  (Full disclosure:  my sister now works for them, but I haven't been compensated to tell y'all about them) Anyway, they have a huge database of prints and you can choose your size and material on which it is printed i.e. canvas, paper, aluminum, acrylic, mirror, or birchwood.  You can also upload your own print or photo for them to work with.  I'll do a post on some of my favorite selections later this week. 

I ordered the Great Blue Heron print on framed acrylic to give it a more modern look and a really large canvas print of the Cranes to go over the changing table.  I think I spent about $200 on the whole thing, which is great because I'm trying to do this nursery on a budget. 

And just for fun, here's the Girl Nursery I put together when I swore I was having a girl:

Baby Girl Nursery

Basically, flowers and hearts and a pink ceiling.  It would have been so cute, but I'm excited about my tranquil boy nursery now.  I'm debating whether or not to paint the ceiling in the boy nursery.  It depends on how much energy I have.  I also want to focus a little more on Edward's big boy room because it doesn't feel quite right to me yet.  I need to cozy it up a bit.

 I'll keep you updated!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...