Color or Neutral?

Well good morning y'all! As I was cleaning up Edward's toys last night, I found my unread February issue of House Beautiful in the bin of books so I apologize if this post isn't the currentest of the current.

Anyway,  I'm so schizo/ADD when it comes to decorating my home.  I love bright bold colors, but I find that I also get tired of them and want to paint everything white.  I have a constant identity crisis when I look at interiors.  Am I a wild fun color girl who likes to party or am I a quiet soft neutral lady who likes to relax?  Really, I'm a little of both.  I don't think I'll ever have a home in which every room is the same color palette. (For instance, this home I featured way back when Belclaire House was a wee tiny baby.  I love it, but God forbid your child comes home with an ugly red textbook that clashes with the home).  I admire people who can live like that.  They are probably very organized and have a lot of self-control.  I am neither.

So I was really excited when I saw this article detailing Lindsey Coral Harper's fun colorful updates to a 1940s home in Charlotte, NC.  I was particularly struck by the contrast between the master bedroom and the guest rooms.  Guest rooms are good rooms to go bold and fun in because you don't spend a lot of time in them.  Ok enough talk. Good talk though.

Party.


Party. 

Ahhhh. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...