The Big Clean

Lisa Sherry in Lonny Magazine
The above image is really only relevant to this post in that I would rather be cozying up in a lovely nook with a book than doing anything that I'm supposed to be doing.  I love the black and white spotted pillow, the small framed portrait to keep you company, the way the shelves are styled and the blue and white jar against the black walls.

One of my New Year's resolutions is to get it together.  Because despite the image of organized bliss that I portray (what? no?), I, in fact, have nothing together.  As I write this post I'm trying to move my Christmas decorations into their respective boxes with my mind.  I'm also trying to will my laundry to do itself.  None of it's working for me.  The following are images that inspire me to get it together and get organized.  They're all from my new Pin Board appropriately titled Get It Together.














I once read an interview with Charlotte Moss where she was asked, what is ugly.  Her response, bad housekeeping.  Gulp!  Soo in an effort to get my life and my house together, I'm going to share with you a giant list of things I'm going to clean out.  I figure if I put it out there, y'all can hold me accountable.  I mean, I'm not going to do any of it today obviously ;)

Laundry Room Cabinets 
Utensil Drawer 
Junk Drawers 
Pantry 
TV Shelves 
Under the Sink 
Spice Cupboard 
Refrigerator 
China Closet 
Guest Bedroom Closet 
Playroom Closet 
Coat Closet 
Linen Closet 
My Closet 
Edward's Closet 
My Nightstand 
My General Side of the Bed Area 
Make-Up Bag 
Master Bath Drawers 
My Dresser Drawers 
Den Bookshelves 
Edward's Cabinet in the Kitchen 
Edward's Dresser 
Edward's Changing Table 
Bed in Edward's Room 

Oy Vey! I'm exhausted just typing that.  Hopefully, I can cross one of these off every two days or so and be finished by spring.  Baby steps y'all.  Let The Big Clean begin! 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...