Speaking of Paris ...








* Photos by Paul Ferney on Instagram

Sometimes, I have moments of sadness that I can't just pick up and go to France and walk around Paris with my skinny jeans, scarf and pixie haircut (I'm 110 lbs in this dream) and just be all like annoying and independant - The Ethereal Weirdo if you will (see Mindy Kaling's article "Flick Chicks" in the New Yorker or better yet, read her book).  I'm just being dramatic, I don't really ever have actual sadness about it, but I wonder what it would be like.  Fortunately for me, I have embraced technology and have a little app on my phone that you all know and love called Instagram (said in an old Jewish lady's voice).  I also follow fabulous artist Paul Ferney.  I'm dying to have one of his Little Paris Paintings (ahem, Kip).  Anyway, he walks through the streets of Paris, snaps pics on his phone and Instagrams them for all to see.  This is why I love technology.  I can be sitting in line at the DMV, look down at my phone and see Paris through the eyes of an artist.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...