Trad Home Spring 2012

Morning y'all! I'm back from my self-imposed time-out.  Last week was rough with my little munchkin having pneumonia and then my husband and I got a touch of the flu.  I'm happy to report we are all healthy finally.  I had my college girlfriends in town for the weekend and we took off for Columbia, MO on Saturday to relive our college days.  I might be an old bubbie, but I could not get over the outfits these young ladies were wearing.  Lots of mini-skirts and Kelly Bundy dresses.  It was really just at this one bar, but there were lots of cute girls dressed as prostitutes.  We always laugh because when we were in college everybody wore "black pants and a cute top."  I'm sure we pushed the envelope of good taste as well so I won't judge. Anyway, it was a superfun weekend and just the break I needed to feel like myself again.

Sunday, I needed some couch time if you know what I mean, so I had a chance to look at the Spring 2012 issue of Trad Home (Traditional Home's toe-dip into the world of digital magazines).  Here's what I liked:

Loved these rooms by designer Allison Hennessy, especially this entryway.




Kip would love this outdoor terrace.  He loves outside, golf and brick.




While a little more contemporary than my taste, I do love the mix of textures and the soothing colors in this bedroom by Tamara Kaye-Honey:



Sunny, happy rooms by Grant K. Gibson, a designer I've admired for awhile now. (Love the blue door peeking from behind the window in the kitchen below) 







Timothy Whealon designed this fresh lavender and white bedroom, which might be my favorite room in the entire issue.  It was just a small image and not part of the New Trad Designers round-up, but I loved it the most.  

I also really liked the bedrooms in this South Carolina beach house designed by Birmingham designer Tammy Connor.





All of these rooms are so fresh and light, which I tend to migrate towards more than dark and heavy.  Overall, it was a good issue, although looking back at my post on the first issue I think I liked that one better.  If you want to check out the Spring 2012 Trad Home see here.  Hope y'all have a great Monday!

See my roundup of favorite rooms from the first issue of Trad Home here.  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...