What I did yesterday

I judged.  

I'm talking to you Restoration Hardware.  

We're considering two of the Lyon Chairs to go on either side of our fireplace in the kitchen/hearth room.  My in-laws have them and they're very cozy and pretty so we might just be big ole' copycats and go get some for ourselves.  

This, but in grayish tones. 

 
We need something simple because our kitchen is wall to wall toile.  We have a gorgeous long pine table that seats ten.  I don't know if these will clash with the pine.  I don't like matchy furniture, but I definitely want to keep the space simple since it will be a high traffic area.

So Edward and I ventured down to the Plaza to have lunch with a friend and do some shopping. We popped into RH to check out this chair and to see if there are any other pieces we might like.  Well, the minute I stepped into the dark and gloomy, deconstructed, happiness-free space that is the new Restoration Hardware, I just wanted to cry.  It's gone completely off the rails.  Where's my silver sage? I know, I know, the business has experienced a remarkable turn-around with their new "'do," but I don't like it.  It's too much or rather too little.  Basically, they had four things in the store that they highlighted with dramatic overhead lighting.  Edward didn't like it either.  He told me.  He said, "no mama, I'm scared, me no like the new Restoration Hardware." What? He did! 

I just had to get that out there.  And now because I've sufficiently depressed myself with this whole post, I'm going to end with a nice little dose of Mario Buatta.  The opposite of RH.  


I'm thinking our new house will be somewhere in between the two styles.  Ha!

I'm going to spend some time today catching up on my blog comments because I've been the worst.  I love all of your comments and appreciate y'all so much! I hope you have a lovely day! 

P.S. I wonder how this news will affect the new RH?


Photos of Mario Buatta's design from House and Garden's Best in Decoration, by The Editors of House and Garden, Conde Nast,  1987 via The Blue Remembered Hills
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...