Christmas Cookie Fail

Ok y'all, I have to be honest.  I'm not the best baker.  I'm a semi-awesome cook, but I do not have a natural feel for baking.  So you'll remember yesterday I was all, "Lalala I'm going to bake cookies and watch White Christmas." I had this image of being all chic and cute and making the Neiman Marcus cookie recipe for my mom's group cookie exchange. I could be all like, "Neimans started in Dallas so this is just a little piece of me for y'all here in Kansas City." Um no.  I don't know why I even front.  I'm a huge spaz.

This is what I imagined in my head:


This is what I got:


I mean, really? I can't even... Some of it was caramelized so I couldn't scrape them up. Whatevs. I'm over it. Just keepin' it real y'all.  I in no way blame the cookie recipe so don't go telling Neimans about this people.  I ruin slice and bake cookies.

I promise I'll be back with more gift ideas tomorrow.  I need a timeout.  Baking makes me feel inadequate and I need to get my self-esteem back.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...