Edward's Playroom!

Well, I did it before 2012 so that's a win for me! I also did it on a teeny tiny budget.  I don't know exactly how much but, like, a couple hundred dolla bills maybe?.  Yeah me! Unfortunately, I spilled an entire sippy cup of water in my diaper bag, which resulted in the loss of a camera, so all I can offer at the moment are iPhone pics.

Ok so here's what we have so far in this room o' playtime. 

Clearly, Edward is a gentleman and a scholar.  His playroom has sort of a preppy dorm room/circus vibe, which is pretty fitting if you've ever met him.  He will run around the house screaming about tigers, stop and browse his book collection for a few moments, then sit on the dog's head.  Just day in the life of a one year old. 



We ended up painting the room Benjamin Moore's Swiss Coffee, which is a really great off-white.  Edward's future big boy bed is simple at the moment.  I'd like to get a big tartan throw for the end of the bed.  The oversized blanket covering the bed is a Wamsutta Dream Zone blanket that was on sale at Bed Bath & Beyond and it's pretty much the softest thing ever.  Kip and I keep calling dibs on a nap in there, but it has yet to happen for either of us.  


The gallery wall has a picture of the Robertson Tartan with the family crest, a picture of a barn that has a special connection to my grandmother, a cover of The New Yorker that my brother gave me when I moved to New York, a drawing of the Governor's mansion in Jefferson City, MO and finally a framed sample of this Ralph Lauren wallpaper that I'm obsessed with.  It will be fun to explain the meaning of these pictures to him someday.





 Oh heyy Edward! Shelves are from Target.  Nothing fancy.  I want built-ins, but these are fine for now.



Here you can get a better view of the pelmet box I made using this tutorial from the Little Green Notebook blog.  Follow that tutorial before you ask me how I made it because I did some weird stuff to make that happen.  The shape is Miles Redd inspired.  I painted the stripes using Martha Stewart craft paint in Tartan Red.

I took this picture earlier, hence the mess, and the dog 



Elliot the Elephant wearing his trusty Abe Lincoln hat.



I can't even begin to tell you how delicious the Farrow & Ball Hague Blue paint is on the armoire. The picture doesn't do it justice. Like at all.  It's so yummy.  I still need to paint the inside of the dresser.  I'm thinking of doing an orangey red or finding a fun wallpaper.


I replaced the knobs with these burnt horn knobs from Anthropologie.


Who remembers the Fisher-Price record players? I had one when I was little.  I'm glad Edward will get to have one too! Thank you to my mother-in-law for finding one for us to play all of Kip's old records.




Here's a waay before picture (like before I moved in).  I can't find the picture I took of the room when it was storage for all of our stuff, but it's pretty embarrassing (like Hoarders quality) so it's probably better that way. 

My dog is obsessed with being famous

And after: 



And there you have it! Hope you enjoyed the tour!  It has always been my dream to give my child a playroom so it's very exciting for me to see it come to fruition.

BTdubs, has anybody gotten the new issue of Elle Decor.  Aside from all-around awesomeness, yours truly is in the issue!



Ha! Ok, I'm pretty much the most famous person ever now.  I know.  I won't let it go to my head.  Now all I need is a tweet shout-out from Justin Bieber and I'll be set.

And finally, I'd like to take a moment to wish a Happy Birthday to Miss Britney Jean Spears! Love you best friend in my head!



Have a fabulous weekend folks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...