Fresh Granny

Happy Friday y'all! Ok, I need some input please.  As I've mentioned previously, I've been on an obsessive search for pretty, chintzy standard pillow shams for my bed that aren't $1,000.  As much as I'd love some Brunschwig & Fils all up in this business, I'm saving it for my big girl bedroom.  So yesterday, I made my way over to the Calico Corners down the street to see if I might finds some prettiness I could have made into pillow shams.

The Fruits of My Labor
 So I narrowed it down to two.


Pardon the lighting and glare.  I took the pictures this morning and the sun is all crazy in my eyes at this time of day.  This is pretty close to the light in this room for most of the day though.  I could open my shades, but I'm kind of lazy and I feel like the neighborhood can see in. Here's a closer look.



To give you an idea of what I'm working with, our bed is this orangey redwood (maybe?) that my husband bought from his boss before we were married.  I used to think it "wasn't my style," but I also love a challenge and I'm thinking it will look fun next to a big floral.

Anyway, beyond that our walls are white (except for the grasscloth behind the bed) and we have almost no pattern or color in the room except for the Pine Cone Hill blanket at the end of the bed and the big Ralph Lauren sham you see in the middle of the two pillow choices.  I took off the three european pillow shams because I wanted to simplify the pillow situation that I have to deal with everyday (lots of pillows on a bed is great if you have someone to make your bed for you everyday or a little thing I used to have called energy).  I also eventually want to replace the lamps with pretty sconces, but that's for later.

Ok so here are the two choices again.


 The pillow on the left is called Millais in pistachio and is 100% Linen.


The pillow on the right is Charlotte Moss Claire and is a cotton linen blend.


One more time together:



My thought was to use the Charlotte Moss on the pillows and the Millaise as curtains for our big bay window because I really like both so much.  My husband thinks the Charlotte Moss is too "granny," but I told him what's old is new and "granny" is in.  I call it Fresh Granny.  Let me know what you think! It's okay to side with my husband.  It's also okay to hate both, but the rule is you have to offer up a suggestion, you can't just be a hater.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...