Moodboard Monday: New Master Bedroom



Morning y'all! Over the weekend I found two pillows in this gorgeous blue and white Sanderson Pagoda River Fabric.  When I laid my eyeballs on this beautiful chinoiserie, I knew it was the perfect starting point for the new master bedroom.  I imagine it was like when Tom Cruise first met Katie Holmes and said to himself, "she's the one, for the next five years." Praise Xenu.  Finally.  A direction.  Most of you know I've been struggling with what to do for awhile.  

So I fashioned a nice little inspiration board to help me come up with a scheme.



We are basically starting from scratch in this room.  The sellers are giving us the headboard that you can't really see in the image (I know, they're super awesome).  It's really pretty carved wood. They are also leaving the cornices which I may recover with white linen and line with pretty blue trim.  As you can see above we have a sitting room as well (pinch me!) The walls are covered in a navy blue wallpaper that isn't bad but I'd love to paint it all minty blue.

Like this library belonging to Ali Wentworth & George Stephanopoulos:



So that's where I am in my head.

Have a lovely Monday!

P.S. We need a new washing machine.  Any recs? I know nothing about washers and I can guarantee you anything will be better than what we have at the moment.  Thanks!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...