Front Door Color Help!

I need suggestions y'all! In my last house, I grabbed a color and it ended up being perfect.  I can do that about 75% of the time, but the other 25% I end up trying 100 million different colors and then having a mental break down when I realize I don't really know what I want. 

So here's the deal, our front door is currently bright red.  I don't hate it.  I love a bright red door actually, but I have an awkward relationship with the color red.  I can't live with it.  I love it in other people's houses, but you won't find it in my house.  It's like your best guy friend, who's a great guy, but you could never date or marry because you're not actually compatible in large doses.  Does that make any sense?  Red and I - not lovers, just friends. 

Before we moved in, when I had been stalking driving by our house on the reg as I went to the grocery store, I had decided that my beloved Farrow & Ball Hague Blue would be perfect. 

Remember?




I'd lived with the color in Edward's playroom for awhile, and I really loved it. 



I thought it would be a nice middle ground between this look (which I LOVE):

from this post, but see also Chinoiserie Chic who also has a post on front doors today!

and the way the house looked before it was repainted, when it was more black and white than navy, cream and red.

I took this picture LONG before I ever knew I was going to live in this house.  It was obviously fate. Original post here.

BUT when I put my painted board up to the door, I decided I didn't like it. 


Wamp Wump.

Here it is poorly Photoshopped:


Again, I don't hate it.  I just don't know if I love it. 

I'm kind of feeling something lighter.  So here are some other poorly Photoshopped options I did:

Farrow & Ball Lulworth Blue

Valspar Pillow Mint

Kip didn't like any of them, and I felt kind of "meh" about them as well, although I think the Lulworth Blue is the closest to what I want.

What do y'all think?  Do you have suggestions? Specific paint colors would be awesomer than awesome.   I want something kind of fun and inviting, that is very me (so not yellow).

My only sense of urgency is that I want to take a Christmas card picture in front of the house before it gets too cold so we can send our friends and family our change of address. 

Ok y'all gimme what you got.  PLEASE!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...