Belclaire House 2013 Color of the Year

Pantone, the apparent authority on color, has declared Emerald to be the color of the year.  Chinoiserie Chic, one of my favorite blogs, declared her pic for color of the year is Navy.  Benjamin Moore, one of my favorite paint lines, declared Lemon Sorbet, their pick for color of the year.


Sooo without further ado, by the power vested in me by absolutely no one, my color pick for 2013 is ...



PALE BLUSH! 


Like the pale peachy pink of ballet slippers.


Basically, this is just a really dramatic way for me to show a whole lotta pink for y'all this cold Monday morning.  But it's also the color I can't get out of my head.  I need it in my life.  And I don't think it always has to be super girly.  It's just warm and glowy and happy.  My dream is to use my favorite Farrow & Ball Pink Ground or Benjamin Moore's Blanched Coral in our library with creamy trim and bookshelves and a big tufted camel leather sofa.  If a certain event happens that I will tell you about in the coming weeks, then I've worked out a deal with Kip that I get my pink library.  

So here's some more lovely pale blush indulgence to really drive home the color I'm seeing in my head when I close my eyes ....
 














 

So now that I've made my proclamation, I will be actively seeking out this color.  I'll try and bring you something weekly, like maybe pink Tuesdays? We'll see.  I may be too ADD to remember to do it. Ok y'all, I have to go do 675 loads of laundry now.   


xo

P.S.  I would just like to go on record that Edward's favorite color is also pink right now.  I know, I'm so proud.  He goes for all of the pink toys.  In fact, the other day he went with his Grandpa to Dick's Sporting goods and managed to con him into buying him a Pink Panther golf head cover that he now sleeps with every night.  I'm not looking forward to the day that someone tells him boys aren't supposed to like pink.  I know it will happen, but he won't hear it from me.  Besides, I love a man in pink.  I will raise him to love and respect pink as the awesome perfect color that it is :)




* Despite my best efforts, I was unable to find sources for some of these images.  Most of the images will take you to the original source by clicking on the image.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...