Lonny Love - Let's Talk About Leather

Let's talk about leather baby, let's talk about you and me, let's talk about all the good things and the bad things that may be, let's talk aboooouuuut leather. Let's talk about leather.    Let's talk aboooouuuut leather.  (obviously sing that in your head, or aloud, like Salt 'n' Pepa - and if you have no idea what I'm talking about see here)

Basically, I was always like blech leather, hate it.  But now I'm like "hmm I like that room.  Wait what?  It has a leather sofa! How can that be?"

Case in point, this room from the latest issue of Lonny:



Yep, leather.  And I love it.

But BUT, then I spent two hours trying to make a moodboard for a leather sofa in our family room and I just couldn't make it work.  I think the problem is that our family room is huge and we definitely need two sofas and a couple of chairs and two leather sofas feels like too much.  But I'm considering maybe incorporating it into our master bedroom sitting room, which is tiny and dark and cozy and has a fireplace (I know, I have no idea how we got so lucky).  I think it might work better in there.  Of course, nothing would be happening anytime soon.  I'm just in the mood for more textures and less patterns.  I want clean, classic, cozy and kid-friendly (and apparently alliterative).

What are your thoughts on leather? 

Also, what are your thoughts on the Golden Globes?  Do you have as big of a girl crush on Jennifer Lawrence as I do?  Why was Tommy Lee Jones so grumpy? Do you find Ann Hathaway as exhausting as I do?  I know, that's not very nice of me, I'm super crabby today. 

Let's all watch this adorable video and start Monday on a good note:


Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

xo Team!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...