Absconsion


I have some bad news. The bees are gone. Due to a series of unfortunate events, the bees are no more. Steven has explained over and over to me how it happened, but every time he starts describing it my eyes glaze over and the words, "No more honey, no more honey, no more honey" keep running through my brain. Here are the words that I remember, 'too many queens,' 'Absconsion,' and 'swarming'. Bad news. This happened back in July.

Dear Rooney Easter bees,
Thank you for all or your hard work. I much enjoyed your golden honey that had just the slightest bit of orange flavor. It was absolutely delicious. Thank you and farewell.

Steven would love to keep new bees here at the house. Moses is gone, so we wouldn't have to worry about him getting stung and swelling up like a Sharpei again (Moses that is, not Steven). However, I told Steven it would just cause me more mom anxiety. I am picturing M&m running toward me covered in bees, screaming at the tops of their little darling lungs (M&m I mean, not the bees). So we are looking for another foster family to keep new bees. It is a hobby Steven loves so I certainly don't want to spoil it for him. Anybody interested?

And oh how we love the honey.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...