Raising Butterflies

So if you guessed that yesterday's picture was of Steven and Meazi preparing food for 33 caterpillars, well, you were right!

I had this grandiose idea of raising butterflies to release on Meazi's birthday. I know, I know, it is a bit much, but this kid and her brother make me want to live in a constant state of hyperbole.

We received them on the 18th and they have already tripled in size. Meazi's birthday is the 12th, and we are having a very small party for her on the 11th.

Think we can do it?

One of Meazi's teachers told me that it is sometimes not as beautiful as one might imagine. The butterflies may be disoriented, and sometimes their wings get caught on things.

We will give it a go, and keep our fingers crossed that it is not traumatic for any living creature.

If you want to try it at home, this is where we got them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...