San Francisco, Part 3 & Springtime Purchases

Ok y'all, here's the last of my pictures.  Just a few.  I was so inspired by the Victorian homes and their fun colors that I spent last night looking for fun pillows to whimsy up my living room.   I feel like the people who live in these fabulous colorful homes in San Francisco probably know how to have a good time.  I mean, you can't take yourself too seriously when you live in a purple house.  I like it.  I like it a lot.


I loved the yellow door on this grey house.



That purple house is The Grateful Dead house, where the band lived for two years.  Purple houses = fun times.




This city really captured my imagination and reminded me not to take things so seriously.  I'm constantly trying to balance my love for simple traditional rooms with my equal appreciation for color and whimsy.  I don't think I'll ever perfect it.*  My interiors are going to change with my my mood, and right now I'm just in the mood for some happy times in my decor.

I'm also in the mood for spring.  So in an effort to force spring to stay permanently, I picked up this table cloth at Marshall's for $15 and it's transformed my entire living room.




It's kind of silly how much I love it.  To balance out the girliness, I headed over to one of my favorite online shops Furbish and ordered this blue ikat throw that I can't get out of my head.


I also ordered some gray, white and citron pillow covers on Etsy to bring in a younger more contemporary look.  I'm normally a lot more traditional, but I'm craving something different and fun for summer.  These were super inexpensive so I don't have to feel tied to them forever.  




It sounds like a lot going on, but they aren't all going to be in the same spot and they're pretty small.  You can find all of the colors except for the grey in the floral table cloth which will anchor the room. And the grey will pick up the grey chairs in the kitchen which is open to the family room.  Basically, for less than $200, I'm totally revamping my family room for spring and summer.  We'll see how it turns out.  It may be a total disaster.

Thanks for bearing with me as I workout my ideas on my blog.  It's like you're reading my diary.  If I had a diary it would probably be mostly filled with design entries, pictures of puppies and elephants, why I love Edward and Kip, and reasons I need a pet fairy.  Unlike my college diaries, which I found recently and could barely read.  They made my brain hurt.  I was so deep and serious back then.  Oy vey, I wish I could go back and tell college me to settle down, it will all be ok.  Word to my college readers.

Wow, this is a super long post, so I'll let you go.  (That's how The Suze likes to get off of the phone when she's tired of talking.  It's her polite way of pretending she's talking your ear off when really she stopped listening to you 10 minutes ago and is rearranging her china cabinet.  It's like a Jedi mind trick)

Have a lovely day y'all!

*P.S. The book Big, Easy Style by Bryan Batt is becoming my favorite resource for the fun, colorful but traditional design dilemma.  He chose gorgeous rooms that definitely strike a perfect balance of tradition and fun.  See my post on it HERE.






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...