Around My Home

Well folks I've been practicing my photography skills and thank the good Lord that Santa is bringing this good little girl a new camera!!
 Until then I thought I would take a few quick photos of the house as I know many of you have asked for pictures and I am honored to share a little of our old farmhouse.



   Welcome...                  



     




Our home was built in 1831 for the Robert Hilands family, a prominent landowner and leader in the community. The property originally spanned over 300 acres but was sold off piece by piece. It is now nearly an acre. This is a side view with one of my sons, Noah, playing in the yard with our two Golden Retrievers, Beau and Max.








The marker placed by our local historical society











Our front porch
  







This chandelier is in our front entry hall and many people ask if it is original to the house. I actually purchased it about 5 years ago from Nieman Marcus.



The view from our front entry hall to the back door







A view of our living room with the original bookcases, fireplace and moldings.


















 A slightly dark pic of the living room but I love this view



  

Another view of the living room. I adore old architectural pieces and found this old moulding at a lovely shoppe here in Pittsburgh. I had no idea what I would do with it but knew I would find a place. It sits on top of the living room mirror and I absolutely love it!










A closer look at the molding




















    



 I hope you enjoyed getting to know our home a bit better and I hope you'll visit again. You're always welcome!

Proud to be sharing here~Open House Party                                       
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...