Happy Birthday to Meeee!

Yes, people, it's my B'Day.  I'm 31, but I feel incredibly immature for 31 although much wiser than I was at 21.  I think the fact that I googled "Justin Bieber pumpkin carving stencil" last night and then opted not to pay the $4 the stencil seller was charging pretty much sums up where I am in life right now.  Responsible middle schooler.  That's me.

So for this very special day, I am giving myself my dream home from my pinboard appropriately titled Dream Homes.  (You can find all of the image sources if you click the Dream Homes link.  I'm being extremely lazy because it's my birthday and I have approximately 4 minutes to put this post together while Edward dances to Elmo's World.)

Let's start with the exterior.  I'm always drawn to traditional white houses.


With black shutters (I'm not kidding, I keep accidentally putting an "i" where the "u" should be in shutters ... is my subconscious telling me I need black toilets or that I'm not posh enough for my dream home? Don't overanalyze, Jennifer.)


On a big ole piece of land with awnings somewhere on the house (probably the back yard)


and a porch


and a fun door


Maybe blue?


But if we're going to vary from the white house with black shutters, I'll take one of these. 


Or, I mean, I guess I could compromise with this house (I would totally stand on my porch all day looking all smug at the neighbors with my glass of wine, like, oh yeah this is mine.)


Inside there would be lots of white walls with beautiful millwork 

This living room is a favorite of mine


As is this dining room

Of course, a big white kitchen

This is actually my dream kitchen -  white cabinetry, black island, copper pots, marble, brass hardware (i need to find a better picture than this scan)

With this storage for all my chinas and stuff

And these light fixtures

 And perhaps an eat-in dining table

I'll need a mud room complete with a dutch door for all of the childrens and dogs and backpacks and coats.  Let's go ahead and put a little dog shower in there to rinse off the muddy paws and dirty boy gear. Love the herringbone brick floor, too.  

 A butler's pantry with glass doors and a chandelier

 A giant sunroom with lots of seating

A craft room so I can be more crafty

And somewhere in this house, I will have pink hand-painted wallpaper.  Maybe I'll have a room just for me where I can read magazines and watch Real Housewives in peace.

Also, I love the idea of a little vanity in the powder room for guests. Love the green velvet chair here.


Ok, moving upstairs, we have a little boy's room.


A little girl's room, if I ever have a little girl.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to have three boys.  Remember, I'm psychic.

I still love my original moodboard for Edward's future room using the family Tartan fabric.

Now for the master bedroom.  A big gorgeous cozy bedroom with handpainted wallpaper.  No big deal. 


 And a portrait of Edward

Big master bathroom, with dark wood herringbone floors, marble and a fireplace.  Again, no big deal.

MY. OWN. CLOSET. (with Louboutins)

But really big

And, somewhere, a place for me to sit and read and not talk to anyone. Perhaps in my pink room.

A place for the kids to play

Complete with a reading nook.

Finally, the backyard needs to have a pool with blue and white pots all over the place.  I know, I'm being a little greedy, but it's mabirfday y'all!


And while I'm being greedy, I'd like this house in Charleston.  And the yacht.  I absolutely have to have the yacht with it.


Thanks for playing y'all! If I ever get this dream home, I'm not kidding , you are ALL invited.  I don't care if you're weird and a stalker, I will welcome you with open arms and security.  Let's make this happen.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...