Dallas Weekend!

Morning y'all! I hope y'all had a wonderful, relaxing Memorial Day weekend! I didn't get a chance to say a public thank you to all those who have sacrificed for our freedom.  I appreciate it now more than ever as a mother.  I'm lucky I get to raise my son without many of the serious worries that mothers around the world have to face.  I think about it probably more often than is normal and I'm incredibly grateful.

We had a super relaxing weekend with my family in Dallas.  I watched my sissy graduate and sufficiently embarrassed her after graduation when I danced on a bench so she could find me (raise the roof!).

Edward touched all of the "mustn't touches."




On Saturday night, Kip and I went with some dear friends to see The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, which I highly recommend.  One of those movies where you want to write down many of the lines and you leave smiling.




Speaking of marigolds, The Suze gave me a copy of this cookbook put out by the Junior League of Peoria in 1970! I recognize so many of the recipes as ones I used to eat when I was little.  Apparently, she and her friends learned to cook on this book.  I'm told I need to make the Glorified Spaghetti and Duchess Potatoes so I will definitely share the recipes with y'all when I make them! 


And whomever had this book prior to me recommends the broccoli casserole.



Speaking of home-cooking, we went to Sissy's Southern Kitchen on Henderson, and I'm pretty sure it's my new favorite restaurant in Dallas.  If you haven't been there you must go. Now. It's soo good!  The restaurant itself is fabulous.  I'd describe it as fancy country chic.  



It's all-white interior with dark wood and a marble bar running down the middle is a nice fresh backdrop to indulge in comfort food.  We ate in the dining room, but there is also a screened in porch on the side.  I loved the wall of plates and the deer heads on the back wall.  It almost comes of as tongue-in-cheek, which I love.  




We ordered two buckets of chicken and a bunch of sides for six of us.  It was plenty! The chicken is really crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, just how I like it.  The chicken was definitely the star and next time I will save room for more.  They have an extensive menu so you can get other things besides fried chicken.

 

For more photos and a better review visit Dallasnews.com

Well, I'm spending today cleaning and catching up on emails.  Thank you again for all of your tips!  They are soo helpful! I checked off three things on my big clean checklist last week.  Today and tomorrow I hope to have it completely dunzo.  It's really ambitious, I know.  Have a lovely day!


The Big Clean Checklist 

Laundry Room Cabinets 
Utensil Drawer 
Junk Drawers 
Pantry 
TV Shelves 
Under the Sink 
Spice Cupboard 
Refrigerator 
China Closet 
Guest Bedroom Closet 
Playroom Closet 
Coat Closet 
Linen Closet 
My Closet 
Edward's Closet 
My Nightstand 
My General Side of the Bed Area 
Make-Up Bag 
Master Bath Drawers 
My Dresser Drawers 
Den Bookshelves 
Edward's Cabinet in the Kitchen 
Edward's Dresser 
Edward's Changing Table 
Bed in Edward's Room 
Clean off countertops & surfaces (pack tchotchkes) 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...