Moodboard Monday: Good News!

Morning! I'm so excited to finally share my news with y'all! Some of my long time readers may remember a post I did over a year ago where I posted a picture of a house in my neighborhood that I loved.  Like a stalker, I would organize my regular walking routes so that I happened to walk past it.

I posted about this house and the striped awnings February 2011

Well, through a series of small miracles, come September it will be our new home!!!! I can hardly believe it.  It looks a bit different now as the current owners have updated it quite a bit over the past year, but the awnings are still in tact.  It is literally the perfect house for us.  The current owners have kept it in pristine condition so there isn't a whole lot to be done once we move in - just enough projects to keep me satisfied creatively.  I mean, most of the house is even in my colors (I noticed the current owner even collects blue and white).  It was pure kismet.  

A Masculine Pink Bedroom from Lonny
One of those projects will be painting the master bedroom.  I'm campaigning for pink, sort of like in the bedroom above, but more glowy. We'll see if Kip goes for it.  He's hesitant, but also knows I'm like a relentless dog with a bone when I get stuck on an idea.  Designer Charlotte Moss has a theory that men want to feel they are invited into their wives bedrooms, but I'm pretty sure that's not the case with Kip.  The main reason I opted for pink over finding the perfect greenishbluishgray (my other favorite color) is that the sitting area off of the master bedroom is covered in a deep navy blue wallpaper that will stay for awhile.  So the bedroom will likely either be pink or white.  

Gorgeous Glowy Pink from House Beautiful

I happen to think pink will be very romantic.  Here are the three things I'm eyeing for our new master bedroom: 




I love how New Orleans Designer Ann Dupuy described the Pink Ground for House Beautiful: 

"This is a very serene pink, the color of an old French rose called Cuisse de Nymphe, which translates as the thigh of a nymph. So charming. And everybody looks good against pink — that's why men wear pink shirts."
(confession: I love reading paint color descriptions.  It's like romantic poetry to me) 








And here's my working inspiration board: 


So that's what's going on in my brain right now.  Don't worry blue and white lovers, there will be plenty of blue and white in the rest of the house! 

Blog business will be pretty normal over the next few months since our closing date is so far away. I'm excited to share more inspiration with you.  I started a pin board called Christmas House (for reasons I'll explain later) if you want to follow along on Pinterest. We'll be spending the next few days getting ready to put our house on the market.  I'm nervous about keeping the house in good enough order to show it.*

Ok, this has been a super long post.  I'm just so excited to be in the home where we will raise our children.  We've had so much fun fixing up our current home, but we've taken it about as far as we want to and we're ready to pass it on to someone who can enjoy the fruits of our labor! 

Have a lovely day!

*I'd REALLY appreciate any tips y'all have for showing your house!! I've never done this before so it's uncharted territory.  My mother-in-law had a genius idea to keep a laundry basket handy in which to throw loose items to take with you in your car when the realtor calls.  I need genius tips like that.  







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...