Moodboard Monday & A Sneak Peek: Edward's Big Boy Room





Morning y'all! This weekend we worked a little bit on Edward's Big Boy Room.   I thought I'd give you a little peek (wrinkled bedding and all).  This is sort of Phase 1 of the project with Phase 2 happening when he gets out of the toddler stage.  For instance, we'll eventually get a second bed and then headboards, as well as move all of the stuffed animals out and put a desk in - that kind of thing.  But for now I think it will be a fun room for him to play and read and dream.  I promise I'll show you more when it's more complete. 

Soo I saw this image last week on The Pink Pagoda and it is now serving as inspiration for all of Edward's Big Boy Room.



I'm pretty sure I have to have a red pagoda lantern.  I found this one from Shades of Light and it's not crazy expensive. 


Here's the issue, it will look much better when we have two beds in the room, which could be a couple of years from now.   Also, I believe the ceilings are standard 8 ft high ceilings so I'm nervous that a hanging light will become an obstacle for us to dodge (granted we're not by any means tall people).  BUT I love it, so what's a girl to do?  Advice anyone? 

Here's a working moodboard for Edward's room based on the New England Home image above: 



Eventually, I'd like to do some sisal carpet with this blue and white Dash and Albert rug (after potty training - ew).  I originally wanted my beloved antelope in there, but I'm feeling sisal today.  It could change tomorrow.   I'm also planning on having a window seat recovered in some charcoal velvet fabric I have and finished with white piping.  It's starting to come together though and I think Edward likes it a lot. 

Finally, does anyone have any advice on transitioning from the crib to the toddler bed?  Edward has been fighting bedtime and right now I'm loving the jail-like bars of the crib (don't judge), but part of me wonders if this means he's ready for a bigger bed.  He likes to sleep with as many stuffed animals as he can (as you can see here) and he's running out of space (I always take some out when I go in to check on him).  Any advice would be appreciated!!!

Kk have a lovely day!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...