Suzeday Tuesday: Twenty Year Love Affair


Morning y'all! The Suze is heading back to Dallas today :(  It's been a fun week and so helpful to have her here as I slowly climb out of the exhausting, sickly 1st trimester.  It's times like these I wish we lived closer.  So I'm dedicating today to The Suze.  Specifically, her 20+ year love affair with this wallpaper sample that she's carried with her for equally as long.


It's pretty amazing in person, but ...


it's a wallpaper border, which you pretty much never see anymore and The Suze doesn't want, and ...


it's nowhere to be found.  So ...



These are small obstacles in Suzedayland, which sits on the border of reality and blue and white heaven.  So what's a girl to do?  Well, in Suzedayland one would just call up Pierre Frey and be like, "Hey P, I need something like this, hand painted, but in full panel form, stat."  This is where I would make a great rich and famous celebrity.  I bet Beyonce or Lisa Vanderpump could make this happen.

Pierre Frey does make a fabric in the same tribe as this, Macao Bleu de Chine


Gorgeous, but not as gorgeous and doesn't come as a wallpaper.

There's also David Hick's The Vase, which we all know and love.

 
via Chinoiserie Chic

But still doesn't quite stand up to the beauty of The Suze's sample, which has more depth, detail and color variation making it more traditional. 

So maaayyybe it's time to move on and say goodbye to someone who just wasn't quite working for you.  Give the Final Rose to another, more deserving, more emotionally available wallpaper.

Might I suggest Delft Bleu from Pierre Frey





 

or throw caution to the wind and go pink with Leandre Rose? (I want this baaaad)


I think all of these are worthy of a hometown date, even a trip to the fantasy sweet, no? 

Feel free to share your feelings on these wallpapers or last night's Bachelor.  I equally care about your opinions on both.  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...