Valentine Mantle Tutorial

Wow! The year is flying by and it's already time for hearts and flowers, pink, red and white. Well, that's what I think of when I think of Valentine's Day! With that in mind, I decorated my mantle accordingly.
It was a ton of fun and even better than I had hoped because Rhys got really into the process!! He was soooo cute!! He kept handing me heart cookie cutters and saying "Look Mommy it's just like you!" I guess when he sees hearts he thinks of me! <3

This was my design inspiration from Pinterest ~ Cute right?!


I was excited because I already had shiny,white yarn left over from Christmas, to string the hearts. I love finding a use for something I already have in my stash!

I purchased some beautiful paper that's double sided from Sugar Pink Boutique : one of my new loves!!! You must check them out if you craft or like I do~try!
Isn't it pretty?



I needed a template to make hearts because, well, just because. I wanted varying sizes and found these cuties tonight at Target <3



I traced varying sized hearts on the papers with the prettiest prints. I totally got my money's worth out of that paper!
I love the way some hearts have smooth edges and some have wavy ones~



 I used a paper hole punch to make room for my yarn and strung on the hearts~




 My super adorable little helper <3~





I even used the paper that I had cut the large hearts from as a "frame" for other paper I had left~



Like this~




I used the tiniest paper hearts left over to sprinkle in a silver tray~I'm thinking of stamping Valentine words and phrases on them~





I used alphabet rubber stamps and a brown paper tag from Sweet Plum Party! | Pick Your Plum







 And I added faux berries from Sugar Pink Boutique~

 To make this~




 I strung more hearts from pink polkadot ribbon lengthwise from the left vintage frame~
 and from pompon garland on the right~
 then added my "LOVE" banner from Robyn's Reverie~


  I made some flowers from tissue paper~




 ~And the end result~





Thanks for visiting me and I wish you a Happy Valentine's Day!

Sharing at~  SNS 174 - it's all about Valentines




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...