Guest Post: Tushy Top Ten

Hey y'all! Happy Friday! Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my Dream Lake House post from yesterday. Today I can finally share with you the special guest posts my bestie Heather and I have been working on! She just joined the blogging world after finally quitting her job to go into wedding planning full time.  Her blog is a more personal look at her journey navigating this new path as well as tons of wedding advice, Weight Watchers advice (she's such an inspiration when it comes to this) and lots of fabulous products for brides-to-be.  She agreed to share some of her favorite things for y'all here at Belclaire House! After you're done here, head on over to Heather Ever Present to see some of my favorite things.  Enjoy!



I am extremely honored to be guest blogging for Belclaire House.  Jennifer "Tushy" (our mutual nickname for each other) has been my personal blogging inspiration.  Belclaire House is beautiful, warm, and inviting, just like Jennifer!  With Jennifer's gentle coaching and guidance, I just started my very own blog.  Jennifer and I are guest blogging our ten favorite things (it may be a regular feature as I have 100 or more to share) and I will be featuring her list on my blog, Heather Ever Present. Tushy Jennifer has the best taste, so come check hers out!

1.  My Sun Room: My favorite place to read a book, fantasize of warm places, and take a nap.  My boyfriend has been a sailor since he was a wee little boy and this room is in appreciation of his favorite hobby.  I just need Tushy Jennifer to help me find the perfect blue for the walls and we'll be all set!


Sailboat throw pillow

Vintage running lights

A photo of belay pins from a very special boat

Antique captain's clock


High ceilings let in natural light


2.  Reef flip flops: The most comfortable and practical flip flops around.  I wear mine everywhere and with anything.  They are the perfect warm weather shoe for concerts, site seeing, or a long stroll around town.  I can wear Reefs for miles and hours (I wish I could say the same about my favorite heels...).


Reef Official Store, REEF-1116 SANDY, shop.reef.com

My go to pair complete with my embedded foot prints

3.  Summer hats: My love for summer hats is deep, I pick out outfits to match my hats, I should have been invited to the royal wedding... Summer hats are delightful, they cover up my frizzy hair, keep the sun off my face (so I can save my skin from looking like an alligator purse in a few years), and they make any look a bit more polished.

Fedora type hair that I favor with jeans or for travel

White canvas hat that I enjoy with sundresses

The quintessential beach hat

4 Solia Straightening Iron: I have used this hair iron for the last 8 years.  For an iron under $100, it not only works great, it is a terrific value.  I used to spend my days trying to make my rather wavy and unpredictable hair straight.  Now, I warm up this magic iron and just straighten my ends for a look just like (or in my world, mildly resembling) Serena Ven der Woodsen from the Upper East Side.

My miracle worker


Serena stole my hair to make this wig for Gossip Girl.

5.  Stella Genuine ScooterThis smashing scooter was a present from my beau and something I was doubtful I would ever be a fan of.  With a little patience and lots of practice, she is my favorite ride.  My sweet Stella gets amazing gas mileage and helps me feel cooler than I really am.  She also has some nifty features: a really cute sounding horn, a large glove compartment for my over sized purse and to stand my Starbucks cup in and hope it doesn't spill, and a bag hook for purchases.



Self portrait displaying my ability to be America's Next Top Model silver sparkly helmet

View from the scoot at night

6.  Keihl's #1 Lip BalmThe best lip balm ever.  I use it for sun and skiing.  This soothing unscented lip friend offers the perfect amount of shine without stickiness.  It's a wonderful understated gloss for everyday wear too.


Come to me! (Love, my cracked lips)

7.  SpinningThe only workout that has ever kept my attention long enough to get me into my expensive jeans.  As a music lover, I enjoy that Spinning is set to songs to guide the rhythm, tempo, and pace of the workout.  If you have never tried it, it is a phenomenal way to spend 50 minutes losing some of your tush.



8.  Moleskin journalsThe best little secret that keeps me organized.  This simple journal is portable, light enough to keep in a purse, and covers 18 months!


I never have an excuse to forget a date again

9.  Watermelon: My favorite fruit and a healthy treat that I actually enjoy eating.  I can solo a full watermelon in a single day (though I don't recommend it).  I just started making a very simple salad for dinner using watermelon, cucumbers, tomatoes, feta cheese, a sprinkle of sea salt, and a dash of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.  It's a really yummy, refreshing, and light creation, perfect as a side for a summer BBQ.



10.  Sunday Styles section of the New York Times: My perfect Sunday morning includes this section of the paper, a toasted sesame bagel with lots of cream cheese, a soy latte, and 45 minutes of peace to pour over the announcements.  What can I say, I am a sucker for reading about the weddings and engagements of very smart and successful people. 
- Hide quoted text -

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...