Have a Lovely Thanksgiving!


Last year's Thanksgiving table from The Suze's house

How excited are we to stuff our faces with turkey?  I love Thanksgiving.  I love to eat and be thankful.  I know, it sounds silly to say I love to be thankful, but I've found, as I get older, that it's the secret to my happiness.  When I'm thankful and appreciative, I'm happy.  It's actually very simple, but not always so easy.  I've found the age old adage, "you better check yo'self before you wreck yo'self" by the philosopher/rapper Ice Cube always helps bring me back to a place of gratitude.  I'm not even joking.  I really repeat that rap line when I feel myself getting a little bratty, which is never.

This has been a year filled with blessings, too many to count, so being grateful has been fairly easy.  But at the end of the day, it all comes down to family and friends.  Are they happy and healthy?  That's really the most important thing to me.  Thank y'all for reading my silly little blog and for all your comments.  You is the bestest!

Oh and do you know what else is important to me?

Oprah. 




She is so silly y'all. 

You need to see this round-up of all her sillies.

Thank you, Elizabeth, for sharing this video.  It is one of my favvvvvooooorrrriiiitttteeee thiiiiiiiings!* (in Oprah's voice, duh)

*I watched her Favorite Things last night and cried and jumped and danced.  I'm so glad it's back.  I knew it would be.  She has too much fun doing it.  It's a great way to kick off the season of giving. 

I'm taking off the next few days, but may check in on Facebook

Have a Fabulous Thanksgiving Y'all!

P.S. I'm going to start replying to comments directly on the blog, so if you've asked a question check back here.  My email inbox gets crathzyathh full (I love it when Oprah says "crazyass" with her little lisp voice, that's how I'm saying it here), and sometimes I don't have a way to respond to comments that don't have an email address. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...