Have a Lovely Weekend Turkeys!

via Roses and Rust

Morning Turkeys!  When I was in fourth grade we had a day where you had to dress up like a pilgrim or Native American (to be PC), except I forgot about it until the last minute so I went as a turkey.   I remember my teacher laughing and shaking her head and I had no idea why.  I legit walked around dressed in an impromptu turkey costume all day like it was no big deal. The fact that I had more materials to pull together a turkey costume than a pilgrim costume tells you something about my fashion in 1988.

This weekend I am cooking my first turkey.  As much as I cook, I've never actually made a turkey so I'm a little nervous.  My law school girlfriends and I started a tradition of making Thanksgiving dinner back when we were studying for exams.  I'm so glad we've continued the tradition because it's one of the few chances we all get to see each other during the year.  I also love it because it's super informal so there's no pressure.  Stretchy pants and wine.  If y'all have any turkey-making advice, I'd love to hear it!

Enjoy these linkies with your Thanksgiving drinkies:


Just a fabulous roundup of gorgeous kitchens - nbd
(but it is a big deal, see picture above, they're all gorgeous)

I made this Pasta with Vodka Sauce recipe 
from Ina Garten's new book Barefoot Contessa Foolproof: Recipes You Can Trust 
and then momentarily died of happiness

Also, this chili recipe was a winner this week

Books I'm currently reading:
How Children Succeed: Grit, Curiosity, and the Hidden Power of Character (fascinating)
Forever, Erma: Best-Loved Writing From America's Favorite Humorist (funny, thanks Renee!)
Rules of Civility: A Novel (pulling me out of my teen sci-fi romance obsession)

How fun is this Thanksgiving table!

Before & After: entertainment center to kid kitchen (so many possibilities

Three beauty products to try  

My new favorite drugstore beauty product
 
Last weekend SNL parodied my favorite show Homeland - spot on hilarious

I also can't get the Sloppy Swish out of my head - it's so stupid, but it makes me laugh

Extreme Adorableness Alert: couple takes wedding photo - 88 years later (LOVE)

Holiday Gift Guide: for the dudes

Twinkle light pretties

Jenny tells us how to build a better bathroom
but I would suggest you just hire her 

I love this bedroom 

A beautifully organized linen closet

Kind of love these whimsical gold porcelain clouds  

somebody buy me this

Ermahgerd, Ernaments!

How to properly hang lights on your Christmas tree


Eek! I can't wait to put up my Christmas tree!  Have a lovely weekend y'all! 

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...