Sometimes Mondays Are Good

Morning y'all! I'm determined to start this week off on the right foot.  I'm going to ignore the fact that I already failed miserably at Edward's breakfast.  Wrong milk-to-cheerio ratio.  Apparently, it's an unforgivable misstep in the eyes of a toddler - one which requires two cookies in reparations.  Those were his demands.  I'll leave it up to you to decide whether I gave in. 

So I'm starting off the week with my decorating soul mate Mark D. Sikes.  Did you see his Southern California home in this month's Lonny?  Well, you're going to see it again because I'm obsessed.  I wrote about my love for his style last year when his home was first featured on the cover of House Beautiful.  Now it graces the pages of this month's Lonny with his fresh take on Holiday decor (Read: no burgundy or orange).  He and his partner Mark are all "green and white y'all, stay true to your point of view" (not an actual quote), and I'm all "Yes! Thank you! White pumpkins and paperwhites for everyone! I Belieb!!! (ooops, wrong idol)"

Ok, I'll stop fawning and share some of my favorites from the spread.






 

He even has striped awnings! This reminds me that I need to have mine cleaned.  They are looking  a little less crisp than the those of the fabulous Mr. Sikes. 

There is so much more of his gorgeous home in Lonny that I encourage you to head over there and check it out.  I actually read the article, too.  I think I'm going to purchase a hard copy of this issue, I loved it so much. 

Also, if you haven't checked out Mr. Sikes' blog, you are really missing out.   He just added an Archives section to his blog, which all but guarantees I will get nothing done during Edward's nap time for the next 6 months.  And he started a Tumblr, which I'm equally excited about even though I don't totally understand Tumblr. 

Ok team, let's make this a good week!














Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...