The Compliment That Keeps on Giving



   A parent dropped her son off for a sleepover recently and gave me a compliment that made me giddy. Wanna know what it was?  She said, "Wow you would never know you have even one dog much less 3."  "Your house never smells like dog!!" My little heart melted!  Is that weird?  It felt weird. Not that she said it, but how happy it made me and how I keep going back to it in my head.
 I am, in my mind, a master at odor control around this place. Baking soda in the fridge and on the carpets, candles lit, fresh flowers, reed diffusers, sprays... I dab scented oils on my lightbulbs. I line my trash cans with fabric softener sheets and then the scented trash bag. As far as garbage disposal maintenance and running the "clean washer" cycle in the laundry room I am a champ. I've been known to be a bit picky about the kitty litter I choose. It has to be the really good smelling kind, multi cat only (I know I only have one cat) but you get the point. With 4 kids and 4 animals (6 if you count the fish), I am constantly worried about odor control. My sister says my house smells so good all the time but hey, it's my sister. I expect HER to say that! When this lady said it, it was like she asked me if I had lost ten pounds ;)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...