Prayers for Joplin, MO

I'll have a Suzeday Tuesday post for you later today, but I can't write about pretty things and dream homes without feeling a heavy sadness for those in Joplin who've lost so much.  This tornado hit way too close to home so to speak as Joplin is just to the south of us. I have many friends, including one of my very best friends, from there.  As my friend Lindsay tells me, the town is devastated.  One of her friends found herself hiding under a mattress while her house and cars were blown away.  Her parents' places of business are gone leaving them without jobs.  Every person knows someone who didn't survive. I can't even imagine.  I want to take a moment today to be grateful for the roof over my head, the fact that I still have a home is now a dream for some people.

Please keep the people of Joplin in your prayers and consider a donation to the Red Cross.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...