Wowzers!

What a weekend!

First, let me say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my darling hubby!! You are my light, my heart and the love of my life.


For his birthday dinner, I made Thomas Keller's fried chicken from the Ad Hoc at Home
cookbook and let me tell you, it was delicious! My only complaint was that I didn't make enough! I'll post the recipe later today on my facebook page.  If you don't like me yet, you're missing out.

I'm glad I didn't know about this while I was pregnant. 
Then there was the little matter of the royal wedding.  How stunning did Kate look?  I'm jealous of how skinny she is.  As I typed that, my eye wandered to the fried chicken.  I'm doing my best to suppress the A-ha moment I should be having right now.

Um, so cute! 

I'm slightly obsessed with Pippa and the flower girls. 

But because America loves to one-up the British, we had to go steal Wills and Kate's thunder with a rousing show of patriotism outside the gates of the White House upon hearing the news of OBL's demise.  I was watching Nene get her ghetto on on Celebrity Apprentice, and across the bottom of the screen flashed news that Obama was going to speak in a few minutes.  At first I was scurred, like this is going to be the "unstoppable meteor headed to Earth" speech.  Then, I took to Twitter and Facebook and learned not only that OBL was dunzo, but also that a surprisingly large number of my friends have friends who used to be in the CIA? 

Not OBL

Finally, my issue of Veranda came and it's another keeper.  Stay tuned for another post this afternoon where I turn into Oprah ... again.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...