Summer Children

I originally titled this post I Smell Children, but then I thought that sounded creepy.  Anyway, this morning I woke up to the sound of the neighborhood kids jumping on the trampoline at 8 a.m. suggesting it might be summer despite the lack of summery weather.  I love our neighborhood in the summer because all of the kids come out to play.  It reminds me of a time when I would wake up and my first order of business would be to jump on the trampoline and then hop on my bike to recruit friends to go to the pool, when my biggest concern was avoiding the dreaded boredom.  Now that I have a baby, the kids love to come over and play with him and there's almost always a new one tagging along with each visit.  They say the funniest things - one of them asked my husband why we have a pool when our kid can't even swim - and are so sweet with little Edward.

So in honor of the summer children, here are some more paintings from Susie Pryor, one of my favorite artists (as well as The Suze's). I've blogged about her before here.  As a new mom, I appreciate her ability to capture the sweet innocence of a child lost in play.  I hope to own one someday, a painting that is, I already have a child.










***Prayers for everyone in Joplin, MO.  The news coverage is just devastating.  If you would like to help, please see here.  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...