Have a Lovely Minty Blue Weekend!



Yes, I brought my color card to bed with me.  I'm such a nerd.  I'm having a slight obsession with minty blue.  Basically mint, but more on the blue side than green, so, really, basically pale blue - I know, I know - it's hard to describe, and I do a terrible job.  

Yesterday, I had to run to Lowes to get some cleaning essentials, and, of course, decided that checking out potential front door paint colors would be a better use of my time.  Our new house has a red door, and while I have nothing against red doors on other houses, it's just not me.  I just can't do red.  I love it when other people do it, but I can't live with it in my own home, which is weird because it's like, why can't I just hate it.  Ironically, the real Belclaire House that inspired this blog was cream with dark blue shutters and a red door, which is exactly what I'm getting in a few months! But, alas, I have to be true to myself and I'm seriously considering a pale minty blue front door.

 I found Valspar's Stillness which is a creamy minty pale blue and it's heavenly! I painted a giant foam board so when the time comes I can hold it up to the house rather than testing colors on the door.  I fell asleep last night dreaming of my minty pale blue front door flanked by blue and white pots filled with hydrangeas - I don't know if I can wait 4 months for this house! 

Anyway, now that I've chatted your ear off, enjoy some of these links: 

Valspar's Stillness on the walls of this bedroom
Good News: 
Y'all found some blue and white planters (here and here

Bad News: 
They're between $1000 and $4000 so that's kind of not in my budget yo 
(I know I'm so poor)

Meh News: 
I found some for cheaper, but they're not as pretty (here and here
(Buuut I kinda don't hate the Walmart ones and they may end up in front of my creamy pale minty blue front door) 


Minty Blue Wedding Inspiration

I probs need this mint dress


Baby Elephant Playing Soccer

I love embroidered linens
Budget Tip: you can almost always find Sferra embroidered sheet sets at Tuesday Morning for a steal 


Lots of minty blue door inspiration





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...