The Well Appointed House in Matchbook

Morning y'all! The June issue of Matchbook Magazine arrived in my inbox yesterday.  I've been feeling kind of "meh" about all magazines lately, online and in print.  All I really want is pretty pictures that inspire me.  So I was happy to see a glimpse into the 100 year old home of Melissa Hawks, founder of The Well Appointed House, one of my favorite online resources for fancy house stuff.






This is exactly the color palette I want for our new home - light, fresh and lots of blue and white! I remember when Melissa wrote a blog post on reusing the Gracie wallpaper she has in her dining room.  Total genius move.  I love all of these rooms so much!

You can read the June issue of Matchbook here

We got to visit the new house yesterday for a few minutes to take some measurements.  The current owners were nice enough to grant us access to the house once a week.  I happen to notice the lady of the house had a design book opened and tabbed.  I'm pretty sure we have similar styles.  I think we need to be friends, but I don't want to freak her out.  In other news, we've had the windows washed, the carpet cleaned and this weekend we are having the kitchen floors refinished and stained.  Just a few more tweaks from a handyman and our house will be ready to put on the market! While I hope it sells fast, it could mean we are homeless for the next few months so that will be interesting.  It's all an adventure though with a majorly awesome light at the end of the tunnel so I refuse to stress too much about the unknowns.  Ok, I have to go clean and organize.  Have a lovely day!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...