Coral Velvet Delight

Hey y'all! So over the weekend in a fit of design blogger nerd-dome awesomeness, Jenny of MFAMB and I decided to make dual mood boards based on a delicious coral velvet headboard she found on Craigslist for Washington DC.  In case you haven't heard, Jenny has magical Craigslist prowess and manages to find beautiful things that us amateurs could never uncover.  For all my KC peeps, you must go here and see what she did with our notoriously lame Craigslist last week.

I must confess, I make mood boards when I'm stressed out or bored, so this was a fun work-job for me.  (The Suze used to call crafts and stuff work-jobs when we were little). So given that I have a teething, runny-nosed 9-month old, I made two mood boards while he slept on me (the upside of a sick baby is that they're super cuddly).

The first one was almost too easy.  It's how I would use it in my room if I had enough dolla bills.


In this next one, I tried to challenge myself to play with color and do something a little outside my usual style.  I went with a coral, gold and gray color palette and found this amazing art deco french rug on 1st Dibs that pulls it all together.



Now head on over to MFAMB and see what she did with the coral velvet deliciousness (it's real good).

Thanks Jenny! xo
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...