Raising Butterflies

A boy came into Meazi' class in May. He had switched schools. May is a tough month to start a new school. His mom approached me the other day and told me that the only reason her son was able to make the transition was because of Meazi. He had been crying in the classroom. Meazi approached him and asked him what was wrong. He said that no one would play with him. Meazi said, "Well, you can play with me." She took his hand, and from that moment on she has had his back.

Another mom approached me to compliment me on my parenting skills after hearing this story. It has absolutely nothing to do with me. My daughter knows what it is like to be an outsider. She has had to learn about change and about adapting, very early in her life. Her losses have been enormous, and she has better coping skills than many adults I know, myself included.

"Meazi is a kind and loving child and has been a wonderful part of our Kindergarten community."

 1st Day of Kindergarten...

 Last day of Kindergarten...

Congratulations Konji. I am so proud of you.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...