Playroom Inspiration: Pelmet Boxes

Morning y'all! Ok, so if you follow me on Pinterest, you might know that I've been pinning lots of pictures of pelmet boxes.  I'm hoping to make one for the playroom using this simple enough looking tutorial from Little Green Notebook.  I'm not usually a huge DIY-er, visions of hundreds of unfinished friendship bracelets from my childhood come to mind.  But I'm making an exception for Edward's playroom because I have a budget of $4. The playroom is somewhat temporary until we have another little one running around (no announcements here ... not until I get a few decent nights of sleep!).  But I think a pelmet box will add some fun, out-of-reach-of-little-hands decor to the otherwise open blank room.

Billy Baldwin via Chinoiserie Chic 

Diamond Baratta

Miles Redd

Miles Redd

Miles Redd

Miles Redd

Miles Redd

The Greenbrier

Billy Baldwin 

I'm loving the whimsy of the pelmet boxes in Miles Redd's rooms.  I'm going to attempt one that looks like one of his and if it actually turns out, I'll definitely share it with y'all.

On another note, the white kitchen was a big fail.  Our paint looks like primer.  I'm not totally convinced that Sherwin-Williams actually put pigment in the paint because it looks nothing like the color I chose.

hmm that doesn't look right 

Our color is on the top left against two coats of paint ... not the same 
I've honestly about had it with this Sherwin-Williams.  Every time I leave there, I have this gut feeling that the person helping me got it wrong.  Like when you order food at a restaurant and the waiter doesn't write it down.  I'm more of a Benjamin Moore girl myself, but the SW store is like a block away.  Also, I wanted to get a color from the same color strip as the cabinets, which are staying the same antique white color.  As much as I'd love white cabinets and white marble countertops, it will have to be in our next house since this isn't our forever home so to speak. Sigh ... Hopefully, they will help me out and take back my paint or fix it and I will have something to show you by next week!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...