Closet Envy

Hello Lovelies! I hope y'all had a lovely weekend!

First things first, Belclaire House is now on Facebook.  So if you're on Facebook and you kinda like me, you should totally like me, if you know what I mean.  I'll be posting more images that don't make it to the blog and other stuff like recipes, links and things I like.  Here's a sneak peak of a pic I posted today:

Cuteness Overload
That's right.  Baby rolls in pea coats and knee socks.  You won't get that anywhere but here.  

And now for today's inspiration.  'Tis the season to clean out the closets.  I'm dreading it, but anybody who's been to my house in the last year will tell you it needs to happen.  It's embarrassing how much we are bursting at the seams.  It's like me in my pre-pregnancy jeans, which still do not fit by the way.  Kourtney Kardashian made losing the baby weight look so much easier than it actually is.

Big & Carrie's Closet from Sex & The City 2 

I loved the caption on this photo in the New York Daily News:


'One side of the closet is Carrie, and the other side is Big,' says production designer Jeremy Conway. 'What I love about that, of course, is that there’s not enough room for Carrie, so she has to come over to Big’s side a little bit.'



Another view of Carrie & Big's closet via New York Daily News 

That is the issue we're having at our house, only our closet is a smidge smaller.  And by smidge, I mean maybe 1/16th the size of that closet.  When my husband bought our house (before we were married), he built this amazing large shower at the expense of some of the closet space (what is it with men and giant showers?).  It didn't really become and issue until I moved in and now my shoes alone need their own room.  Proper etiquette mandates that guest room closets be empty, but unfortunately at our house (and probably most people's) that is impossible.  So as I sit in a sea of my own shoes and clothes as I attempt to clean out some closets this week, I will silently covet the many closets of Carrie Bradshaw and others like her.

Big's present to Carrie in the first SATC movie

When I saw the first Sex and The City movie in the theater, the entire audience gasped when this closet appeared on the screen.  I think I even cried.  

Let's not forget the most famous closet of all time: 


Oh so sad.  Carrie had such a teeny tiny closet before.  Not. I would take that closet.  

More non-SATC closet envy: 

Amazing Before & After from Centsational Girl 

Fairfax & Sammons 

Miles Redd

Peppermint Bliss in Rue Magazine 

Lonny 

Cote de Texas 

High Gloss 

via Marcus Design 

James Radin via Cote de Texas 

via Architect Design 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...