Nook Love

Today's inspiration comes to you via The Enchanted Home, who currently has a fabulous post on bookshelves.  This was one of the images, and I just couldn't resist reposting it.  It reminds me of my Grandparents' house for some reason.  

Brooks & Falotico via The Enchanted Home
So I challenged myself yesterday to re-organize what used to be a wine glass/margarita glass/coffee mug/measuring glass turned baby bottle cabinet, and, guess what, I did it! I know it's a small step, but it's a step nonetheless.

Before 
After 




I threw all of the miscellaneous little things that I don't really use but probably should keep into this cute little bag leftover from the baby gifts I received. 

I decided to keep the baby spoons in the adorable blue and white Winnie-the-Pooh toile mug given to us by The Suze.  Also, how cute is the airplane spoon? 

I'm so affected by my visual surroundings that even having a pleasing sight when I open my cabinets can make the difference between a good day and a bad day.  Now that I'm feeling all smug and super-organized, I'm going to tackle a slightly bigger project: the ever-cluttered kitchen desk area. It's like a Venus fly trap for all of our stuff. This might be a two-day project only because we have another gorgeous day today and I don't want to spend the whole day indoors organizing.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...