Screened in Porch Inspiration

This absolutely perfect weather has me longing for a screened in porch.  I love all porches, but something about the screened in porch has me nostalgic for my childhood.  My grandparents had one and when we visited we ate every single meal on that porch.  Our meals usually consisted of decadent chocolate brownies with ice cream and fudge. I grew up thinking a grandparent's  job was to feed you sweets and buy you toys and I was not afraid to remind them of that fact.  Anyway, back to the screened in porch, I think I liked it because the screens protected me from the bugs.  I was such a priss and hated bugs ... I still hate them ... unless their lightning bugs, then I think they're magical.  

The first image isn't actually a screened in porch, but if it were it would be perfect!

Michael Smith in Elle Decor 

House Beautiful 

House Beautiful

House Beautiful

Coastal Living 

Coastal Living

On the spring cleaning front, I'm almost finished with the dreaded desk area (where papers go to die). Amongst the rubble, I found a 2008 and 2009 phonebook, three 2008 desk calendars, 16 copies of a blurry photo of my hubby and me (why?), and a harmonica.  I kept the harmonica.  You never know when you're going to need a harmonica.  I'll have before and after pics tomorrow! 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...